- One of the horses is named "Stanley K", after director Stanley Kubrick.
- As Johnny leaves the store after buying a suitcase, advertised on the wall just beyond his car is a burlesque show featuring Lenny Bruce.
- The location where Sterling Hayden proposes the deal to Kola Kwariani is a mock-up of the 42nd Street Chess and Checker Parlor in New York City. Director Stanley Kubrick was a regular chess player there as was Kola.
- Frank Sinatra expressed interest in this project, but production rights were granted to Kubrick first.
- Johnny Clay vs. George Peatty vs. Sherry Peatty.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute